On my own, I am going to fail and falter and sulk and complain and beat myself up, etc. etc. etc., but I don't live this life alone--all is grace.
I might totally mess up in this one moment (or entire day) of parenting(or being a wife or friend or daughter or sister or teacher), but because of grace, I can pick myself up and start anew.
Maybe it is because my boys have been acting a bit entitled to a certain amount of Wii time or having certain things or giving me an attitude that is discontented (and not so pleasant to be around), but I have been trying to remind them in a way that a 7 year old can understand that even that food that they are not happy to be eating (because, heaven forbid, they don't like it)--that is grace in their lives--the fact that we have food to eat, a bed to sleep in, air conditioned houses, clean water...all these things that we just take for granted. They are not rights, but privileges...daily graces.
- a walk with my boys after supper
- little boys' shrieks of laughter as they ride their bikes and discover the thrill of standing up while pedaling
- the relative calm I feel heading into the school year
- meals put up in the freezer in preparation for school year ahead
- seeing Micah's face (albeit briefly) each night
- God's protection of my dad over the weekend